PREPARATION: 10min ~ COOK: 15min ~ READY IN: 25min
6 cherry tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1cm knob of ginger, sliced
2 shallots, diced
2 red chillies, chopped
2 tbsp coriander root, chopped
1 tbsp palm sugar, shaved
2 sticks of lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
1 chorizo, diced
1 chicken breast, sliced thinly
2 cups chicken stock
1 bunch coriander leaves
- Crush the cherry tomatoes in a pestle and mortar, add the garlic and ginger and bruise to release the flavours. Add the shallots and smash.
- Add chillies, coriander root, palm sugar and lemongrass and smash in the pestle and mortar.
- Into a cold pan add chorizo with a splash of oil and bring up to a high heat and cook for approximately 5 minutes add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the spice paste to a deep pot and cook around 4 minutes to release the aromas and return the chicken and chorizo to the pot. Add the stock and bring up to a simmer. Cook for a further 8 minutes.
- To serve top with fresh coriander and a cheek of fresh lime.