PREPARATION: 1hr ~ COOK: 15min ~ READY IN: 1hr 20min
120 mL Ashgrove Thickened Cream
120 mL Ashgrove Full Cream Milk
1 rosemary sprig, with flowers
2 gold-leaf gelatine sheets
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
5 gingerbread biscuits, 3 crushed and 2 whole
Follow Ben's instructions step-by-step while watching the full recipe on Youtube!
- For the panna cotta, bring the milk and cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, over a medium heat (do not boil). Add the 1 tbsp of sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the rosemary sprig and take off the heat. Let the rosemary infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture making sure there are no rosemary leaves left in the mix. Pour the mixture back into the pan, place over a medium heat and bring to a simmer again.
- Add the gelatine leaves and stir until they are fully dissolved. Cool the mixture over an ice bath, stirring so it doesn’t set. Once the mixture has cooled, strain it through a muslin to remove impurities. Place 1 whole gingerbread biscuit in the bottom of each jar, then pour panna cotta mixture into your serving glass.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge until it has firmly set, approximately 45 minutes.
- For the macerated strawberries, roughly chop the strawberries. Stir through the sugar and the red wine vinegar. Leave the strawberries for 10 minutes. To serve, top your panna cotta with strawberries, a few rosemary flowers and gingerbread crumb.