TORTA DE SANTIAGO
PREPARATION: 10min ~ COOK: 40min ~ READY IN: 1hr
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Combine the eggs and sugar and whisk in a planetary mixer or with electric beater until pale, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, butter and water and beat for another 3 mins then add in the almond meal and vanilla paste and beat until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a lined, greased round cake tin and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooled turn it out and top with a stencil of the cross of Santiago and dust with icing sugar. Serve with a little whipped cream.