BEEF CHEEKS & PUMPKIN PUREE
PREPARATION: 20min ~ COOK: 5 hrs 20min ~ READY IN: 5hrs 45min
3 beef cheeks
Salt, to season
2 cups beef stock
2 tbsp Ashgrove Garlic & Herb Butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp Hillfarm Garlic Infused Canola Oil
2 cups butternut pumpkin, diced
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄4 cup Ashgrove Full Cream
5 kipfler potatoes, parboiled
2 spanish onions, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius.
- Trim the beef cheek, keeping the thickest part of the cheek. Oil and season the beef cheeks then place them in a hot, medium-sized pan to seal. Once nicely charred, add the stock, put the lid on and place the pan into the oven for 3-5 hours to cook.
- Into a medium-size, hot saucepan add the butter and garlic, add a drizzle of oil and sauté for approximately 2 minutes until butter is foamy. Add the pumpkin and water and allow to cook until soft. Add the cream and blend until smooth with a stick blender.
- Place the onions in a large hot pan with a splash of oil and chargrill. After carving the beef cheeks into thirds put them into the pan to caramelise. Add the kipflers to warm through. Add a knob of butter.
- To serve plate with the pumpkin puree on the bottom, top with the beef cheek, potatoes and Spanish onion.