PREPARATION: 20min ~ COOK: 60min ~ READY IN: 1hr 30min
- Preheat oven to 110 degrees celsius.
- To make the cream put your mascarpone and cream into a bowl with the icing sugar and using a whisk combine until thick and luxurious.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites using an electric mixer or hand beaters until soft peaks start to form then rain in the sugar slowly until the mix forms stiff peaks. This should take around 8 minutes.
- Sift all the icing sugar and cornflour into the meringue mixture and fold it through gently making sure not to overwork the mixture.
- Place the meringue mixture into a piping bag and pipe them into even 10cm round disks. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the meringue sounds hollow when flicked.
- To plate fill two meringues with mascarpone cream and strawberries to make a sandwich.