- Add wine, sugar, cinnamon, star anise, blackberries, water and salt. Into a saucepan that is on medium heat bring to the boil.
- Peel pears and place into the pot of syrup and cook for 45 minutes turning regularly for even cooking.
- Pears are ready when you insert a skewer and it’s tender to the core with no resistance.
- When pears are done take them out of pot to cool. Continue cooking syrup and reduce until its thick and glossy.
- Serve with vanilla cream and syrup.
BEN'S TIP: Take care in peeling pears to get nice lines. When testing insert skewer at the bottom of the pear so no holes can been seen.To serve more just add another pear.