PREPARATION: 10min ~ COOK: 40min ~ READY IN: 50min
- Slice the rhubarb into 2-3cm batons and place into a baking tray, taking care not to overcrowd the tray. Sprinkle 1 ½ tbsp of sugar and lemon juice over the rhubarb and mix to ensure even coating. Roast in an oven at 160°C for 30 minutes or until soft and caramelised
- Place the ricotta, milk, egg yolk, vanilla and butter and whisk together
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, remaining sugar, pinch of salt and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form
- Make a well in the dry ingredients bowl and pour in the wet ingredients and gently combine in a whisk. Fold the egg white mixture into the batter.
- Ladle the mixture into a hot pan and wait for small bubbles to appear at the surface before flipping.
BEN'S TIP: Serve pancakes with Greek yoghurt, crushed pistachios and the cooked rhubarb.