CONFIT PORK BELLY & DUKKAH ROLLED EGGS
Confit pork belly, pre-prepared
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
3/4 cup pistachio nuts
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1 grannysmith apple, grated for juice
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
500 ml butter, melted
1 tsp dijon mustard
Pinch salt & pepper
Juice & zest of lime cheek, to garnish
- Method for dukkah, into a dry pan on medium heat add fennel seeds, sesame seeds, pistachio nuts, salt and pepper. Cook until aromatic and sesame seeds are toasted, add to a food processor and blitz until crushed and set aside.
- Method for pork heat oil in a pan that’s on high, place pork meat side down, turning onto each side for even cooking then turn skin side down, cook until crispy, remove and place onto a serving plate.
- Method for eggs into a large pot of boiling water add vinegar, string in a circle motion to make a vortex, crack egg and slowly add to water, cook for 2 minutes. Remove and place onto paper towel to dry. Roll eggs in the dukkah and add to plate with pork.
- Method for apple hollandaise, grate apple into a bowl that is covered with a clean chucks cloth. Squeeze the juice from chucks into a heat proof bowl. Add egg yolks, vinegar and whisk together. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water, whisking constantly. When the mixture starts to catch take off heat immediately, pour in butter very slowly still whisking constantly until thick. Add mustard, salt and pepper. Spoon over the pork.
- Serve with finely sliced apple pieces and lime zest and juice micro herbs for garnish.