PULLED PORK BURGERS
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp carne asada
1 tbsp KEEN'S Mustard Powder
1 kg pork shoulder
2 ancho chillies, flesh only
2 brown onions, diced
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups tomatillo salsa
2 x 410 g Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes
1 cup kidney bean
1/4 cup currants
1 tbsp oil
- Pre heat oven 130°C. Make a dry rub, add paprika, sugar, carne asada, KEEN'S Mustard Powder to a bowl and mix. Cut pork in half, place into the bowl, toss to coat on all sides and set aside.
- Into a pan that is on high heat, add the ancho chilli, cook until soft and pliable, then place into a bowl of cold water. In the same pan add pork and cook on all sides until colour has formed, remove from pan and return to bowl.
- To the same pan add onions, cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tomatillo, tomatoes and salt, stir and taste for seasoning. Add kidney beans and currants.
- Remove all seeds and veins from ancho chilli adding flesh only to pan. Return pork to pan and cover, cook for 4-5 hours. Check halfway through cooking to make sure there is still moisture in pan.
- To serve: with tongs and forks shred the pork and and place meat into a roll.
BEN'S TIP: If you can’t get carne asada you can substitute with a mix of paprika, cayenne pepper, sugar, salt and dried oregano. Ancho chilli is a dry red capsicum.