PRAWN & AVOCADO SALAD
1 avocado, skin on, cut into half
1 corn cob, kernels only
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
½ red chilli, thinly sliced
½ green chilli, thinly sliced
12 prawns, flesh only
Juice of 1 lemon
½ red onion,thinly sliced
1 tomato, deseeded, sliced into ribbons
1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno, finely sliced
½ cup basil leaves
pinch of salt
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat, drizzle oil onto avocado and place into pan flesh side down. Add corn to pan and allow them to char.
- Remove avocado and set aside and transfer corn into a bowl. Allow pan to cool a little before adding oil. Add garlic, chillies and prawns cook for 3 minutes.
- While prawns are cooking, add onion, tomato, jalapeño, red and green chilli, salt, oil and lemon juice to the bowl with the corn and mix.
- Slice the avocado and remove skin, add a drizzle of oil and a squeeze of lemon juice to prawns before removing them from pan.
- To serve, place salsa onto serving dish with add avocado, prawns and garnish with basil.