CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD
- Pre heat oven 180°C. Place bacon into a griddle pan and turn onto high, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy. Meanwhile tear up bread and place into an oven tray, drizzle with oil, add thyme and salt.
- When bacon is cooked remove from pan and place onto a Scotch-Brite to absorb fat, pour the bacon fat over the bread, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown and crispy. Set bacon aside. When croutons are ready, turn the oven off and place bacon strips on top of them, leave in oven to keep warm.
- To make dressing, add anchovies, garlic, oil and salt into a mortar and pestle, grind until a paste forms. Add yoghurt, mustard, lemon juice and taste for seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 2- 2 ½ minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden colour.
- To serve place cos, avocado, chicken, bacon, croutons onto a plate and drizzle with dressing and micro herbs for garnish.