1 tbsp olive oil
20 g butter
Salt, to taste
350 g Swiss brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, finely diced
5 sprigs thyme
3 tbsp caramelised onions
250 ml Taltarni Brut
250 ml cream
150 g Barilla Gnocchetti Sardi, pre cooked
1/2 lemon juice & zest
Parmesan cheese, grated to taste
- To make caramelised onions, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large frypan on a low heat. Add 3 red or brown onions and a pinch of salt, cook for 15-20 minutes or until soft and golden. Add 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally until sticky and caramelised. Place into a container and use when required.
- To cook pasta, cook pasta as usual but leave it slightly undercooked. Drain and toss with a little olive oil and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until needed.
- Heat oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Add butter, salt, and allow butter to melt. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add caramelised onion and wine to the mushrooms, stir and cook for 5 minutes or until it’s reduced by half. Add cream, stir and bring back to the boil. Add Barilla Gnocchetti, lemon juice and zest and stir. Taste for seasoning. Allow time for the pasta to be heated.
- Serve with grated parmesan and micro herbs for garnish.