BLUEBERRY DRIZZLE CAKE
- Pre heat oven 180°C. Into a stand mixer, add butter and 250 g sugar and mix for 10 minutes until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder. Add flour and milk alternatively until all flour and milk has been incorporated.
- Remove bowl from stand, scrape sides and base of bowl. Add coconut, lemon zest and fold together. Into a separate bowl, combine blueberries and the mint gently.
- Into the prepared loaf tin, add a layer of cake mixture, then a layer of blue berries, then another layer of cake mixture and a second layer of berries, finishing with a final layer of batter. Put in the oven to cook for 45 minutes, or until a skewer can be removed cleanly.
- To make syrup add sugar ½ cup water, zest of 1 lemon and juice of 2 lemons, mint and season with a pinch of salt. Cook until the sugar dissolves, then strain the syrup to remove the solids.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut slices and place onto a serving plate. Drizzle with syrup.
BEN'S TIP: If you don't want to cut the cake you can leave it whole and use a skewer to pierce some holes and pour syrup over the cake.