EMMA'S MARMALADE CAKE
PREPARATION: 2hrs 10min ~ COOK: 45min ~ READY IN: 3hrs
- Boil the whole fruit until soft (about 2 hours on the stove or 15 minutes in the pressure cooker). Cut in half to flick out the seeds, then blend the whole lot in the food processor.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line a 22 cm springform cake tin. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and thick. Beat in the eggs and fold in the flour and buttermilk. Fold in the puréed citrus fruit.
- Pour the batter into prepared tin, and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer, inserted into the middle of the cake, comes out clean. Leave the cake in the tin.
- Meanwhile make the syrup by boiling the juices and sugar together, without stirring. Pour the hot syrup over the hot cake. I like to prick the top of the cake several times with a skewer to assist with the syrup absorption.
- Serve warm with double cream.