ROASTED PUMPKIN PASTA
PREPARATION: 10min ~ COOK: 25min ~ READY IN: 40min
1⁄4 butternut pumpkin, diced
2 rashers bacon, diced
1⁄4 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
50 g Ashgrove Herb & Garlic Butter
1 tbsp KEEN'S Mustard Powder
1 tbsp of thyme, chopped
1 can Ardmona Chopped Tomatoes
1⁄4 cup Ashgrove Full Cream
100 g Barilla Fusilli
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
Small handful of flat leaf parsley
1 lemon cheek
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. On a roasting tray, place pumpkin, bacon, macadamias and half a knob of butter, sprinkle mustard powder over the top and drizzle with oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Add pasta to a pot of salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Once cooked drain and drizzle with oil to prevent the pasta sticking together.
- Add the can of tomatoes to a medium sized pan on a medium to low heat. Reduce down for 5 minutes or until it becomes thick. Add thyme to tomatoes, season well. Once cooked through add cream and stir.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, sauce and roasted pumpkin mix. Spoon into a bowl for service.
- To serve top with parsley leaves and lemon cheek.