AMY'S ICE CREAM SANDWICH
PREPARATION: 15min ~ COOK: 10min ~ READY IN: 45min
1 1⁄4 cup almond meal
1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄3 cup brown sugar
3 tbs coconut oil, melted
1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 bananas, peeled and frozen
Follow Ben & Amy's instructions step-by-step while watching the full recipe on Youtube!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg until doubled in volume. Whisk in the coconut oil and 1⁄2 tsp of the vanilla paste (reserving 1 tsp for the ice cream). Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and fold until the mixture comes together.
- Roll mixture between 2 sheets of baking paper until 1cm thick and use a cookie cutter to cut out 4 rounds. Bake these rounds for about 7‐10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile to make the ice cream, place the frozen banana in a small hand processor and blitz until smooth. Add in the vanilla bean paste and blitz again until creamy.
- To serve, once the cookies have cooled from the oven, sandwich the ice cream mixture between two cookies and enjoy.