LYNTON'S LAMB RACK
PREPARATION: 15min ~ COOK: 1hr ~ READY IN: 1hr 20min
- Heat a large ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat, season the lamb racks with the salt and place fat side down into the hot pan. Cook the racks for 810 minutes, until the fat starts to render and is golden brown. Flip the lamb racks so that the fat side is up and place the pan with the racks into the hot oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes in aluminium foil after removing from the oven.
- Meanwhile make the prune jam. In a small saucepan add the prunes, earl grey tea leaves and enough water to cover the prunes. Bring to a rapid boil and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- As the prunes boil, caramelise the honey. Place the honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the honey has become deep brown in colour and is very aromatic.
- When three-quarters of the liquid has evaporated from the prunes add them to the caramelised honey and too to combine.
- Portion the lamb racks, two to three points per person and serve with the prunes and honey on a bed of chicory.